HOME > Upgrading from a glowforge
We have to admit, a Glowforge is an excellent plug-and-play laser machine for entry level users. The size of the machine is great for a small workspaces and in home use.
The downside to a Glowforge is not only are you limited by the size of the work area, but you are also limited by the power of the laser tube itself.
A Glowforge can only be used for a small amount of production and business activities, like personal or studio use, but if you are thinking of levelling up your business or getting super serious about your hobbies… seriously, get a Thunder Laser!
Best Thunder Laser Model To Upgrade To
The Bolt (aka the Thunder Bolt) is our newest laser model, most close in size to the Glowforge, but it is much faster, more precise, more stable with a much longer lifespan than the Glowforge.
1. Machine Size: The Thunder Laser Bolt is just 37″ x 28.5″ x 19.6″, still pretty compact, but won’t take up too much space in your workshop, home office or school.
2. Bed Size: More depth up to 4.3’’, compared to 2’’ of the glowforge. Adjustable z axis allows for rotary use.
3.Accuracy: The Bolt’s RF tube does 2000 DPI!
4. Speed: 8x faster at engraving than a Glowforge
5. Stability:A Glowforge is not ideal when your workspace starts to heat up. The Thunder Bolt solved this tube stability issue by using an RF laser tube. (more details in the full article)
6. Longer lifespan:The Bolt does a much better job than the Glowforge of removing any smoke and dust resulting in a longer lifespan for the machine.
7. No internet needed for interface connection: Connect via the standard USB or Ethernet cables.
Contact us and we can help you figure out which model is best for your budget and projects you have in mind. We don’t want you to buy a machine that you don’t need! We’ve working with hundreds(maybe even thousands!) of artists, tradespeople and makers to make all sort of projects come to life.
If you want to know more about our products or have any questions, fill out this form and our team will connect with you.